Sri Lanka Retailers’ Association - Achieving Retail Excellence
The Sri Lanka Retailers’ Association (SLRA), was founded in 2015 and was incorporated as a Company Limited by Guarantee in June 2016. This Association aims to harness the resources of the Organized Retail industry to a common platform in order to promote growth, innovation and global outreach. SLRA currently represents 9 sectors in the retail industry namely FMCG; Clothing, Fashion & Jewelry; Shelter & Housing; Household & Consumer Durables; Footwear & Accessories; E-Commerce; Mobility; Entertainment and Healthcare & Wellness.PURPOSE:
- A Forum for Retail industry to Work together.
- Improve the Status of the Retail industry, Professionals and Professionalism.
- Reduce Waste and improve efficiency.
- Increase Service Standards.
- Be the Voice of Retail industry.
- Facilitating clear Policy on the Retail industry.
- Be Catalyst for Budget proposals.
- Develop the Retail Trade in line with the Development (Key stakeholder) changes of the Country.
- Bring in Uniformity to Standardization.
- Create an image as a preferred industry for employment.
- Developing the Retail industry expertise in people.
- Instill Global Best Practices in the Retail Industry.
- Inconsistency in Policy
- Shortage of Talent
- Grey Market
- Lack of Consumer understanding of Quality
- Inadequate Quality infrastructure
SLRA OFFICE BEARERS 2016/17 SLRA Board of Directors / Executive Committee (ExCo)
Mr. Sidath Kodikara - Vice President (CEO, Cargills Food Company)
Mr. Murali Prakash - Vice President (Director, Laughs Supermarket)
Mr. Infiyaz Ali - General Secretary (GM –Retail, Healthguard Pharmacy)
Mr. Charitha Subasinghe – Treasurer (CEO. Jaykay Marketing-Keells Super)
Mr. Dinesh Perera - Asst. Secretary (Deputy Director, Abans PLC)
Mr. Ajith Amarasekera - Asst. Treasurer (CEO, Swarnamahal Jewellers).